Monday, January 10, 2022 5:15pm CST
Here's what this week is looking like regarding RV site water shutoffs:
- Jan 10 Mon (today) - Water off at 9pm, please disconnect from hydrant overnight
- Jan 11 Tues - Please disconnect from your hydrants over night
- Jan 12 Wed - Please disconnect from your hydrants over night
- Jan 13 Thur - Please disconnect from your hydrants over night
- Jan 14 Fri - Water stays on, no action needed
- Jan 15 Sat - Water off at night
- Jan 16 Sun - To be determined...
So the water will be turned off tonight at 9pm and back on tomorrow once we get close to 32 degrees.
It's important that you disconnect from the hydrant when the water is shut off because:
- Water trapped in the blue part of the hydrant will freeze and crack it
- If any of your water lines freeze and crack overnight and you're still connected to the hydrant, you could have flooding issues when the water is turned back on the next morning. Of course, you won't know immediately until all lines leading to you are defrosted.
I'll send out a quick reminder to please disconnect from the hydrant just overnight on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
As always, this notice will be linked to from the banner at the top of our webpage.
Thanks again everybody!